Privacy, Terms, and Conditions
Kids Health First Website
Use of the KHF Web Site and its Identity
Intellectual Property Rights Notice
Use of Information on www.kidshealthfirst.com
Not Medical Advice
The information provided on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical evaluation, diagnosis or care. If you have concerns about your child’s health and wellness, please consult a medical professional, and do not attempt to treat your child without seeking medical help. You agree not to use the website for any unlawful purpose or in any way that might harm, damage, or disparage any other party. Without limiting the preceding sentence and by way of example, you agree that you will not:
- Upload identifiable patient information (as images or texts) to publicly viewable areas or otherwise violate local and federal privacy protection regulations
- Collect or store personal data about other users
- Abuse, slander, defame or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as the rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable material or information
- Create a false identity or impersonate another for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, including but not limited to, providing misleading information to any feedback system employed through the website
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious software programs
- Interfere with or disrupt the website, networks or servers connected to the website or violate the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks or servers
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, logins and passwords of others or computer systems and networks connected to the website
- Upload or otherwise transmit any information or content that infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party
- Use the website in any manner whatsoever that could lead to a violation of any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law
Third Party Content and Links On Our Website
There are multiple links provided on our website to other third party entities and their respective websites. KHF provides this information for your use and convenience only. The presence of a link does not imply an endorsement of such third party, the materials presented on such third party’s website, nor the products or services offered by such third party. You acknowledge and agree that KHF is not responsible for the content, advertising promotions, services, actions of these sites, or any risks associated with their use and privacy. Use of any websites linked on our websites is at your sole discretion and risk and KHF encourages you to review the privacy statements of those websites in order for you to understand how those websites collect, use and share information. When you follow a link to another website, you leave the KHF website and your website interactions are no longer protected by the KHF Privacy and Security Policy.
- You may only link to KHF if you are a member practice
- You may not use a link to misrepresent your relationship to KHF
- You may not be involved in any illegal activity which is a violation of local, state or federal law
- You may not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights
Disclaimer and Limitations
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. KHF AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL KHF OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER LINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND EVEN IF KHF OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL KHF OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED BY YOU IN EXCESS OF $100.
Privacy and Security Policy
Users Outside of the United States
We make the website available for users located exclusively in the United States of America. Please do not use the website if you are located outside of the United States as this website’s personal information practices and the terms of this Privacy and Security Policy may or may not comply with foreign laws.
Collection of Personal Information
Aggregated Information. We may share certain aggregated demographic information with our business partners regarding the users of the website. The aggregated data is used to help KHF improve our user interface and target our content offerings to meet the needs of our customers, track operational problems, and improve the effectiveness and security of the website. This information does not identify you personally.
Internal Use. We will share your personally identifiable information within our business for the purposes of furthering our business, including analyzing your information and other users.
Protective Actions. We may use and disclose your personally identifiable information to the extent reasonably necessary to:
- Correct technical problems and malfunctions in how we provide our products and services to you and to technically process your information
- Protect the security and integrity of the website and our internet service, including without limitation, to enforce the website terms and conditions
- Protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others
- Take precautions of liability
- Respond to claims that your information violates the rights and interests of third parties
- The extent required by law or to respond to judicial process
- The extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide personal information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required to:
- Send and receive messages regarding your use of the website
- Conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks
- Conform to the limitations of our service
- Conform to other similar technical requirements
Security Precautions. We use industry-standard technology and equipment to protect data and information under our control from misuse, loss or alteration. We maintain security measures to allow only the appropriate personnel and contractors to access to your information. Unfortunately, no system can ensure complete security, and KHF and its affiliates disclaim any liability resulting from use of the website.
Notification of Changes to Policy. We reserve the right to change our information collection, use, and disclosure practices set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy in response to changes in legal requirements or for other reasons. We will post any changes to this Privacy and Security Policy on the website so our users and customers are always aware of the information we collect, use and disclose. If at any point we decide to use or disclose your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you in writing, which may or may not be via e-mail. If you object to the change to our Privacy and Security Policy, then you may contact us using the information provided in the notice. We will otherwise use and disclose a user’s or a customer’s personally identifiable information in accordance with the Privacy and Security Policy then in effect at the time the information was collected.
Protected Health Information. We do not ask for or have access to any “protected health information” as that term is defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009, as amended, and their implementing regulations (“HIPAA/HITECH”). We will not inadvertently or intentionally access protected health information without there being a business purpose and request from a customer. In the event that we are provided access to any protected health information, we will execute all required agreements under HIPAA/HITECH including, but not limited to, business associate agreements, with those customers who provide us with access to any protected health information.
You acknowledge and agree not to send any confidential, personal or proprietary information via www.kidshealthfirst.com. You understand that any information you send to KHF, is viewed as non-confidential and non-proprietary, including but not limited to, questions, feedback, comments, suggestions or ideas that you choose to send to KHF or information you voluntarily provide in any online survey posted via the KHF Website.
You acknowledge and agree that any feedback or comments that you provide in these surveys may be used, reproduced and distributed by KHF for any purpose without restriction.